Last year I had published the first version of my Network Configuration Script for the System Center Virtual Machine Manager.
Today I have added some additional configuration options and published version 2.0. With version 2.0 the PowerShell script supports the following options.
- Define the VM Network name for No isolation and VLAN based Logical Networks
- Host group selection / definition
- Define primary and secondary DNS server for IP pools
You will find the new version on the TechNet Gallery. The package contains the New-SCNetworkConfig.ps1 which is the “GUI” version and the Import-SCNetworkConfig.ps1 which is using a XML file for the network creation. A readme file is provided for the Import-SCNetworkConfig.ps1 script.
A funny remark from the MVP summit. I have talked to some people from the VMM PG and especially to the PM who is responsible for the VMM Networking part. He told me that the script got some attention in the PG itself.
For version 3.0 of the script I have planned to implement the following options.
- Adding a new Network Site to an existing Logical Network
- Adding a VLAN ID, a Subnet and a Static IP Pool to the newly created Network Site
- Creating a new VM Network based on the newly created Network Site, VLAN ID and Subnet
- Adding a VLAN ID, a Subnet and a Static IP Pool to an existing Logical Network and an existing Network Site
- Creating a new VM Network based on the newly created VLAN ID and Subnet
- Create a new VM Network with a Static IP Pool on an existing NVGRE configuration
- Adding a new VM Subnet with a Static IP Pool to an existing VM Network that is using the NVGRE
If you would like to provide some feedback reach out to me on Twitter!